Monday, January 04, 2010

It's a new year, new decade, new blog post...blah blah blah. So HOW is 2010 different so far for me? Well...I've spent more time watching Blue's Clues and Yo Gabba Gabba then I have watching football. Oh, and I just got finished watching Confessions of a Shopaholic with my wife. I feel my manhood slipping right through my fingers. Maybe I should go get some beef jerky...

There, that's better.

Ok, so today was a new day for Veritas (Calvary Bible Church College Ministry)...at least for the music ministry...we added drums a la Calderon. Sounds special huh? They are. It was our first Sunday playing with drums and it was such a great kickoff to a new year. The song set seemed to tie in perfectly with what Pastor Jack Hughes was preaching on in "Big Church". Pastor Jack is beginning a 3 month series on faith from Hebrews 11. Today was the first message and it blew my mind. The line that stuck in my head was "It is smart and wise to trust in a faith that cannot fail because it comes from the God who cannot fail." The songs we highlighted this morning (below) are all about the great and awesome nature of our great God and how He is worthy to be praised. What a joy and pleasure it is to sing to and for him.

Lord I Lift Your Name On High
Lord Most High (Be Magnified)
Our Great God
How Great Is Our God

All these songs place God on a pedestal where he belongs...magnified, lifted up, glorified...placing us in our rightful place...humbled, prostrate, and broken.

I am so thankful to serve with a group of people in Veritas and the band (Corio 2 shout out). It is a joy to sing...of course...but it is a joy to serve with people who love Jesus...and that's why we're here. So, to Greg, Angel, Steve and Tony...Danny, Ryan and Charlie...and of course, my gracious wife...thank you for serving and loving Jesus.

In 2010...love Jesus while expecting Jesus. He's coming back. Heaven awaits.

No comments: