Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Well, it's almost Christmas. I love Christmas. What better than to celebrate the great humility of our awesome King, Jesus, who bore our sins? I love the time with family and friends. I love to take this time of year and meditate on all the Lord has done in the past year and spend time just thanking Him and praying for 2010, that I would follow His Word with all diligence and lead my family in grace.

One year ago, we were just about to close escrow on the house we are in now. In fact, I remember the first thing we did was on the weekend between Christmas and New Years of 2008, we picked up the mounds of dog poop in the backyard. I've never seen so much poop except in Jurassic Park. January marked 10 years since Julie and I have been together. Wow...crazy to think that God had all that planned out. We had no idea. Marriage, a son, a house, a career?! Sure we hoped...but were clueless. God knew. He always knows. April marked the start of a business venture for Julie. RubyLove Designs...catch the fever. July, Cade turned 2. Nuff said. He has grown so much in a year. He teaches me more about me than I think I ever impart to him. I see my behavior in him...the extreme sadness...the extreme joy...awe...wonder. It's like looking at your own life with a magnifying glass. Everything is so heightened and maximized and right there before your eyes. Sometimes...you wish things weren't so magnified. All in all though, Julie and I are so blessed by him. He gives us so much joy. The culmination of that was in September when we went for his 2 year checkup to his Occupational Therapist from the hospital and he passed every test with flying colors. God's faithfulness is extreme. His power is limitless. Our thankfulness fails in comparison to what He has done. Now here we are in December again. Knowing where we've been...looking forward to what is to come. And, if I can quote from Cade's favorite movie "Cars" from Mater (like Tuh Mater, 'cept without the Tuh): "Don't need to know where I'm going, just need to know where I've been." I love no idea how that fits in...but I love it.

Glory to God...simple as that.

No comments: