Sunday, December 20, 2009

Here we are again. Wow...been tooooooo long. Yes, this is my first free moment in the last year and a half. :) Just before midnight, on a brisk December evening here in SoCal. Sweet bride is away on a couple day getaway with her sisters. My awesome kiddo is asleep...my God...never sleeps.

I find my emotions overflowing at times like these. In the midst of any circumstance, my God is faithful. In the midst of any trial, my God is faithful. In the midst of any joy...you got it, my God is faithful.

Focusing my attention the past week on music. I could probably say the same about every week...but for some reason...it seems most evident now. Not just music in general...that's just silly. Music...must have purpose. Now, of course I don't mean that all music must be serious or even theological. No, music can be spontaneous, goofy, and childish...but the motivation, is to praise God. I know I'm probably breaking every sacred code of music-dom, but hey...that's a you problem. Anyway, being involved in music at church, my mind is constantly thinking about chords, beats, rhythms, but most of all...motives. I want the music I listen to, and in turn sing, stir my heart to love God more, hate my sin more, and draw others to Christ...to the joy of my Savior.

Artists that I am absolutely digging at the moment:
-Casting Crowns: "Until the Whole World Hears"
-Switchfoot: "Hello Hurricane"
-Sovereign Grace: any album
-Angel Taylor: "Love Travels"
-Chris Tomlin: "Hello Love"
and certainly not least...
-Steven Curtis Chapman: "Beauty Will Rise"
-Rick Horio: EP is still in the works...will rock your mind.

Take a listen.

1 comment:

rick said...

You knew I would read this, didn't you?

Thanks for the shout out ;)